Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SOCIAL MEDIA 101

TACTICS & TIPS TO DEVELOP YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE by Chris Brogan

Having just changed my phone to one of andriod breed [an operating system for mobiles that is ranked fourth most popular smartphone device-platform in the United States as of February 2010], I was naturally interested to explore on social media. What andriod seems capable of is that it enables my phone to host a wide range of social media. What I'm capable of, however, lags far behind ... so, purely judging a book by its cover, this book seemed timely.

As a guide for a social media dummy like myself, I was hoping to find explanations or  illustrations showing how different social media such as Twitter and Facebook connect with audience and how each medium connect with each other. Perhaps I am too much of a dummy to find it and sadly, I didn't learn anything that improved my knowledge of the power of social media for social or business use. Maybe it's not written for dummies!

Where you can get it: NLB
Level of impact: None
Timing of book: Title alone - very relevant to these times when social media is a conversation buzzword that seems to elude those above forty!